A museum of the history of development of local self-government in Dniepropetrovsk region (the department of Dniepropetrovsk historical museum named after D. Yavornitskiy)
Scientific research and scientific exposition departments of Dniepropetrovsk historical museum named after D. Yavornitskiy were set up in November 2007 for the purpose of making the museum of history of local self-government in Dniepropetrovsk region. Its draft was inaugurated in December 2008 in the edifice of Dniepropetrovsk regional council, to the address: Kirov avenue, 2. Dniepropetrovsk.
Foundation of the museum of history of local self-government in Dniepropetrovsk region was stimulated by the program of development of local self-government in Dniepropetrovsk region during 2007-2009 which was approved by the ninth session of the fifth conwocation of the Dniepropetrovsk regional Council.
The main idea of the museum is to elucidate personal aspect in the history of development of local self-government through historical events. This aspect will predominate in the disclosure of the topic.
An introduction of the museum are materials illustrating the city of Igren as a big commercial and trade centre which was situated on the territory of Dnieper Nadporishie in 11-13th centuries.
It is followed by the next themes:
Zaporozhian Sich (14th-18th centuries) as an original system of self-government.
Development of local self-government from the end of the 18th century to the beginning of the 20th century (February, 1913)/
Zemstvo of Katerinoslav province, town council, the Council of the workers’, peasants’, soldiers’ deputies during the period of Ukrainian Revolution and political struggle of 1917-1920s.
Vitality of the democratic authorities.
Trackback from your site.